These Chicken Alfredo Stuffed Shells are a family-favorite and an easy weeknight dinner.
This post may contain affiliate links which means if you make a purchase I might receive a small commission at no additional cost to you.
What makes these stuffed shells so great?
Chicken Alfredo Stuffed Shells are jumbo shells stuffed with shredded rotisserie chicken, broccoli, mozzarella cheese smothered in alfredo sauce.
- Makes a great family-friendly weeknight dinner because it’s super simple to put together with store bought rotisserie chicken and jarred alfredo.
- This feeds a crowd! If you have a large family or a lot of hungry people, chicken alfredo stuffed shells is the perfect meal to serve.
- Can be made in advance and freezer friendly!
Easy Homemade Alfredo Sauce
I just use a jarred alfredo sauce because it’s so easy, but if you really want to make it from scratch here’s how:
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 cup milk and 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- black pepper to taste
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Once melted, add in the cream cheese and stir until melted and smooth. Add in the garlic, heavy cream, and milk, stirring continuously to ensure it doesn’t burn and it stays smooth. Stir in the parmesan and pepper. Use immediately. Thin with milk, if necesary.
What you’ll need
- 9×13 baking dish
- Jumbo stuffed shells– one box of 30 shells
- Broccoli– fresh or frozen, but you’ll want it cooked and chopped into small pieces
- Rotisserie chicken– about 2 cups, shredded
- Alfredo sauce– One jar or 2-3 cups
- Mozzarella cheese– shredded
- Ricotta cheese
- Egg-to hold it all together
- Seasonings– salt, pepper, Italian seasoning
- Grated parmesan cheese
How to put it all together
Cook the shells according to package directions- just until al dente, don’t over cook because they will bake in the oven. Drain shells and drizzle with a touch of oil. Lay out in a single layer on a sheet pan so they don’t stick together.
Prepare the filling: In a large bowl mix together the shredded chicken, chopped broccoli, seasonings, ricotta cheese, egg, and cheese.
Pour a little alfredo sauce at the bottom of the baking dish. Stuff each shell with the filling and nestle in to the baking dish. Cover with the remaining alfredo sauce and mozzarella cheese. Bake, covered with foil, until bubbly.
How to make ahead and freeze
To make ahead: Prepare the dish up until baking. Cover and refrigerate until ready to bake.
To freeze: Cook the shells 3 minutes less than package directions. Assemble the shells but don’t bake. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and foil. (Use an aluminum or freezer safe dish). Freeze up to 3 months. Thaw in the fridge. Remove the plastic wrap and replace the foil. Bake for an extra 10 minutes following the recipe instructions.
You might also like:
Chicken Alfredo Stuffed Shells
- 12 oz Box stuffed shells 30 shells
- 10 ounce bag frozen broccoli cooked and chopped
- 2 cups rotisserie chicken shredded
- 15 ounce jar alfredo sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese divided
- 15 ounce container ricotta cheese
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp grated garlic
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, add salt to taste. Boil the jumbo shells 1 minute less than package directions. Drain and mix in 1 tablespoon olive oil to keep them from sticking together. Set out on a sheet pan in a single layer.
- While the shells are cooking prepare the filling. To a large bowl add the ricotta cheese, 1 cup shredded mozzarella, chopped broccoli, egg, seasonings and chicken. Mix together.
- Add 1 large spoonful of the alfredo sauce to the bottom of a 9×13 baking dish. Stuff each shell with 1 generous tablespoon of the filling and add to the dish. Continue until all the shells are stuffed.
- Evenly pour the remaining alfredo sauce over the shells and top with the remaining mozzarella cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake for 25 minutes until bubbly.
- Garnish with fresh chopped parsley or basil.