If you love fresh peaches and you love salsa, you’ll love this sweet and spicy peach salsa. A little sweet, a little heat, it’s the perfect combination! Enjoy with tortilla chips, on tacos, or on top of grilled chicken, tofu, or fish.
When it’s peach season, you make all the peach things! And if you’re lucky enough to have neighbors with a very fruitful peach tree, you make fresh peach salsa. This recipe is super simple and takes maybe 10 minutes to put together; just chop up all the ingredients and mix them together. It doesn’t get any easier! This peach salsa is delicious with a bag of tortilla chips, or as a topping for tacos, on grilled chicken, tofu, or spooned over fresh fish. So many delicious possibilities!
What you’ll need for Peach Salsa
- Fresh peaches– Make sure they are nice and ripe. You want them a little soft. I remove the skin, but you can leave it on if you prefer.
- Red onion, diced
- Jalapeño-If you like it extra spicy, leave in the seeds and membrane
- Mango-perfect compliment to the sweet peaches
- Tomatoes– any type that you have on hand
- Fresh limes
- Salt and pepper to taste- makes all the flavors sing!
I used 3 ripe peaches and 1 mango. Feel free to change it up to your taste or what you have on hand!
- Add in or substitute the peaches or mango with fresh diced pineapple, strawberries, or necartines.
- To make it heartier, add in a cup of grilled corn kernels and cooked/canned black beans.
- Like it spicy? Try chili powder, habanero peppers, extra jalapeños, or pickled jalapeños.
- Add avocado for a spin on guacamole
- 2 large or 3 small peaches skinned and diced
- 1 mango skinned and diced
- 1 cup tomatoes diced
- 1 jalapeño seeds removed, diced
- 1/2 red onion diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix together. Serve immediately