Cucumber Tomato Salad is the most refreshing summer salad with crisp cucumbers, juicy cherry tomatoes, red onions and a deliciously tangy vinaigrette dressing.
This post may contain affiliate links which means if you make a purchase I might receive a small commission at no additional cost to you.
This is the perfect salad to make when the farmer’s market or your backyard garden is overflowing with fresh veggies! It’s so fresh and light and a great accompaniment to any summer dish; or just eat this all on it’s own!
I have a year round Farmer’s Market type store just up the road from where we live so I visit frequently to see what they have available. I get so much in season produce there, we’re so lucky! It’s like having my own garden without the work!
What you’ll need
- Cucumbers– if the skins are tough, peel them. English cucumbers are great too.
- Tomatoes– I’m using cherry tomatoes, but any tomatoes work.
- Red onion– can also use shallots or green onions, or ramps- if you’re lucky enough to find them!
- Lemon– to bring out the flavors
- Fresh flat leaf parsley– can also use fresh dill, basil, cilantro, or mint; any fresh herbs you can get will work.
- Garlic– minced
- Olive oil– I’m using extra virgin olive oil.
- Red wine vinegar– can substitute balsamic or white wine vinegar
- Seasoning– salt and pepper are all you need
- Equipment– Measuring cups and spoons, cutting board, sharp knives, mixing bowl
As you can see this salad is very easy going and you can tweak it for whatever you might have on hand.
How to make Cucumber Tomato Salad
It couldn’t be easier! Chop the veggies and parsley. Whisk together the dressing ingredients. Toss everything in a large mixing bowl, chill for 30 minutes and enjoy!
Tips and Tricks
- Salad addition suggestions:
- Mozzarella cubes or balls
- Avocado chunks
- Croutons or toasted bread cubes for a panzanella salad
- Feta cheese
- Grilled chicken or shrimp
- This salad can be made a day in advance, just assemble and cover tightly and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Refrigerate any leftovers up to 3 days in an airtight container.
Also try these summer favorites:
- Asparagus Tart with Puff Pastry
- Roasted Garlic Hummus
- Sheet Pan Shrimp Fajitas
- Fresh Peach Salsa
- Watermelon Feta Salad
- Caprese Pasta Salad
- Strawberry Lemonade Popsicles
- Easy Fresh Peach Crisp
Love fresh summer recipes? Get my Summer E-Cookbook packed with 20 deliciously refreshing summer recipes!
Cucumber and Tomato Salad
- 2 large cucumbers cut into large chunks (peeled if necessary)
- 1/2 red onion diced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes quartered
- 1/4 cup flat leaf parsley chopped
- 1/2 lemon
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- Combine the chopped cucumber, quartered cherry tomatoes, diced red onion and chopped parsley in a large mixing bowl.
- Sprinkle the salt and pepper over the veggies.
- In a bowl whisk together the olive oil, vinegar and garlic and pour over the salad. Mix well. Squeeze the lemon over top.
- Refrigerate 30 minutes before serving. Add more salt and pepper to taste, if desired.