The best watermelon feta salad is only 4 ingredients, takes 10 minutes to make, and is absolutely scrumptious! It’s sweet and savory at the same time and the perfect summer side. You’ll want to make this again and again!
Watermelon just screams summer and this salad is the best for those long, hot summer days. This side dish is so flavorful, with unexpected tastes and it’s refreshing; which is exactly what you want when it’s 90º outside. Watermelon feta salad is perfect as a side to anything from the grill and a huge piece of corn on the cob. It’s perfect for a party because everyone loves this salad! And there’s only 4 ingredients (not counting the salt and pepper). Easy and it’s quick! It’s impossible to mess up!
What you’ll need to make watermelon feta salad:
- 1/2 of a seedless watermelon
- A chunk of feta cheese
- Fresh basil leaves
- Balsamic vineger glaze (homemade or store bought)
- Salt and Pepper
How to make your salad
- You want to cut the watermelon into bite sized pieces with a sharp knife. Add the watermelon to a large serving platter or a bowl.
- Cube the feta cheese and arrange it over the watermelon
- Chiffonade the basil leaves. The easiest way to do that is to gather all the leaves and piles them one on top of the other. Roll the bunch up like a cigar and using a sharp knife cut the basil into ribbons. This recipe uses 1/3 cup, but feel free to use less basil, or substitute fresh mint or a combination of both.
- Generously salt and pepper the whole salad. Don’t be shy, the watermelon can take the seasoning.
- Drizzle the balsamic glaze all over.
Love summer salads? Try this Caprese Pasta Salad. So yummy!
For more how to videos, kitchen tips and tricks, recipes and ideas follow me on Pinterest, Facebook, TikTok, and Instagram. Did you make this recipe? Share your dish and tag me @StephGigliotti, I would love to see it!
Watermelon Feta Salad with Basil
- 1/2 seedless watermelon cubed
- 4 ounces block feta cheese cut into cubes
- 1/3 cup fresh basil chopped
- 1 tsp salt plus more to taste
- 1 tsp black pepper plus more to taste
- 3 tbsp Balsamic vinegar glaze
- Place cubed watermelon on a large serving platter or in a bowl. Arrange cubed feta over the watermelon.
- Sprinkle the chopped basil, salt and pepper over the watermelon . Drizzle with the balsamic glaze.