A quick, easy and delicious sheet pan meal with honey mustard glazed chicken breast with roasted green beans. A perfect meal for a busy weeknight! The sauce is sweet and savory using two mustards and the greens beans are tender and juicy! This recipe will be a new family favorite!
This post contains affiliate links which means if you make a purchase I might receive a small commission at no additional cost to you.
Why I LOVE Sheet Pan Meals
I feel like there are too many reasons to list! But I’ll try!
- You can cook a whole meal on one sheet pan, in the oven, in a short amount of time! A whole meal at once! What a genius concept!
- Very minimal clean up! The only dishes I dirty when making a sheet pan meal is typically a cutting board and knife, if I’m chopping vegetables, a bowl to mix everything, and the sheet pan itself. You could oil and season right on the sheet pan to omit the mixing bowl and line your sheet pan with foil for even easier clean up!
- For most recipes you can have dinner on the table in about 30 minutes. Especially on those busy week nights or when everyone is extra
- There’s so many possibilities! Really the skies the limit with sheet pan meals. You can use any protein/veggie combination. Make a “meat and potatoes” meal, tacos and fajitas, even pancakes!
What you’ll need:
- Sheet pans. I like to use 2 sheet pans so the honey mustards sauce stays in its own lane.
- Cutting board
- Good sharp knives these have over 45,000 five star reviews on Amazon!
- Measuring spoons
- Basting brush or a spoon works!
- Meat thermometer
- Chicken breasts: I’m using 4, but add or subtract to fit your needs. Make sure they are relatively the same size and thickness. I would say the chicken I used is “medium” thickness, not cutlet thin and not very thick. Keep in mind cooking time changes according to the size of the chicken, so I recommend pounding or slicing very thick chicken breasts to save on cooking time.
- Green beans: You can use fresh green beans or frozen green beans. I’m using fresh, but whatever you have on hand works! You could also use a different veg like broccoli or brussel sprouts.
- Honey: Because it is honey mustard chicken of course! Use your favorite.
- Mustard: Using two mustard types makes it extra yummy! I use yellow mustard and usually either spicy brown, dijon, or stone ground. Use whatever you happen to have.
- Garlic: minced cloved or pre-minced from the jar.
- Seasonings: Onion powder, paprika, salt, pepper, and cumin round it out.
How to make sheet pan honey mustard chicken with roasted green beans
full recipe card at the bottom of this post
- Preheat your oven.
- Line your sheet pans with foil or spray with non stick spray.
- Add the chicken to the sheet pan, salt and pepper each one.
- mix all the sauce ingredients together and brush evenly over the chicken. Throw the chicken into the oven for about 15 minutes before the green beans because the green beans won’t take that long to cook.
- Meanwhile toss the green beans with olive oil, salt and pepper and put those on a sheet pan. Try to put them in a single layer. At the 15 minute cooking mark add the beans to the oven and cook everything another 10-15 minutes until the chicken is 165ºF and the green beans are golden brown.
- You could also make roasted potatoes to go along side. Cut your favorite potatoes in chunks and toss with olive oil and seasonings. The potatoes will take about 45 minutes to fully cook, so start baking those before the chicken.
Tips & Tricks
- You can cook the chicken and green beans on one large sheet pan, but the honey mustard sauce tends to runs as it bakes, so it might run into the veggies. I prefer to use 2 sheet pans for this one.
- You can use boneless chicken thighs or drumsticks, cooking times will vary.
- Keep the chicken moist by salt and peppering the chicken breasts and letting them sit 5-10 minutes before adding the honey mustard sauce and baking. Take the chicken out when the internal temperature is 160º and the temperature will rise to the recommended 165º as they rest, do not over bake.
- Leftover honey mustard chicken breast is excellent over a salad for lunch the next day! Put leftovers in an air tight container in the fridge up to 4 days.
Love sheet pan recipes? Try these recipes:
Sheet Pan Honey Mustard Chicken with Roasted Green Beans
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast
For the honey mustard sauce
- 1/3 cup honey
- 3 tbsp yellow mustard
- 3 tbsp dijon mustard or stone ground or spicy brown
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 tbsp olive oil
for the green beans
- 1 pound green beans, ends trimmed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400ºF
- Add the chicken to a sprayed or lined sheet pan. Season with salt and pepper.
- Mix together the honey mustard sauce ingredients; honey, both mustards, garlic, olive oil, onion powder, cumin and paprika. Brush over all the chicken breasts evenly. Bake the chicken for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile prepare the green beans. Make sure the green beans are washed and trimmed. Toss to coat in the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil and salt and pepper to taste. Put those on a sheet pan in a single layer.
- When 20 minutes is up, add the green beans to the oven with the chicken. Continue cooking another 15 minutes until the chicken is 160ºF internal temperature, the temperature will rise to 165º as it rests.