Cheesy, beefy, hearty and stuffed with tender bell peppers, this stuffed bell pepper casserole is easy, quick, and delicious! It’s a crowd pleaser! Stuffed bell pepper pasta casserole has the delicious flavors of traditional stuffed bell peppers with half the work!
This post contains affiliate links which means if you make a purchase I might receive a small commission at no additional cost to you.
Why you’ll love stuffed bell pepper casserole
- There’s just something about casseroles that are warm and comforting. You know if it says “casserole” in the title, it’s going to be amazing!
- This is so quick and easy! If you love traditional stuffed bell peppers, you’ll love this recipe! It comes together in the amount of time of cooking the pasta and browning the meat, then it’s in the oven to melt the gooey cheese. It’s absolute perfection!
- I actually never liked stuffed bell peppers as a kid. And my kids would never eat a whole bell pepper stuffed with meat. But THIS! They love this recipe because the peppers are cut small and there’s pasta and lots of cheese. What’s not to like!
What you’ll need:
- 9×13 baking dish
- 1 pound short pasta, such as bowties
- 1 pound lean ground beef, or you can use ground turkey and a meat masher to break it up while cooking
- 2 large or 3 small bell peppers, any color, cut into chunks. I like to cut them larger than a typical dice so they don’t disappear in the casserole.
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 cups of your favorite tomato sauce
- seasonings: salt and pepper, Italian seasoning , and parsley
- garlic, grated
- 2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese. You could use mozzarella if you wanted. I love shred a block of cheese with this contraption. I find it melts so much better!
This is pretty much a whole meal in one dish, but you could add a yummy garden or Caesar salad and garlic bread sliders, if you’d like!
Looking for more family friendly recipes? Try these!
Stuffed Bell Pepper Pasta Casserole
- 1 lb lean ground beef or turkey
- 2 bell peppers, cut into chunks
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 1 lb bow tie pasta
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese or mozzarella
- 2 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tbsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp salt more to taste
- 1 tsp black pepper more to taste
- Preheat oven to 350ºF
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- In a large pan over medium high heat add the ground beef and brown 2 minutes. Add in the peppers and onions and seasonings and continue cooking until the beef in no longer pink and the peppers are soft. About 10 minutes. After the beef and veggies are done add in the tomato sauce and mix together.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta to al dente and drain.
- Combine the beef mixture with the pasta.
- Lightly spray a 9×13 baking dish with non stick spray. Add half of the pasta mixture. Spread over 1 cup of the shredded cheddar cheese. Add the remaining pasta and the remaining cheese.
- Bake uncovered for 15 minutes.
Did you make this? I’d love to see your dish! Post on social media and tag me @StephGigliotti