If you are looking for an easy weeknight dinner, look no further! This Stove Top Stuffing Meatloaf is just five simple ingredients, delicious, and an easy dinner on a busy week night.
This post may contain affiliate links which means if you make a purchase I might receive a small commission at no additional cost to you.
Looking to elevate your meatloaf game? You have to try it this way! This Stove Top Stuffing Meatloaf recipe is super easy and affordable with just five ingredients. The best part is that it is made with pantry staples, so you probably already have these ingredients on hand! It’s super simple to put together, there is no way to mess it up! It’s a great weeknight dinner idea because it’s on the table in less than an hour and there’s plenty of time to make your favorite side dishes while it’s baking. And did I mention it’s delicious?
What you’ll need
- Ground beef– 80%, 85% or 90% works well. Or use ground chicken or turkey.
- Eggs– I use large eggs
- Stove Top Stuffing– any flavor works! I typically use turkey flavored stove top stuffing or savory herb most often.
- Chicken broth– can also use beef broth, vegetable broth, or water.
- Ketchup– for the topping. If you don’t like ketchup, use BBQ sauce, Chili Sauce, or Salsa.
How to make Stove Top Stuffing Meatloaf
2. Add in the ground beef and eggs. Mix together only until combined, don’t over mix.
4. Spread the ketchup over the top. Bake for 45-50 minutes.
6. Let it cool 5 minutes before slicing. I like to serve meatloaf with a side of green beans and mashed potatoes.
Tips, Tricks, Suggestions
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 3 days. Reheat in the microwave or oven in individual slices.
- You can freeze Stove Top Stuffing Meatloaf! Bake as directed and let cool completely. Slice and wrap the individual slices in foil and add them to a freezer safe bag. Freeze up to 4 months. Thaw overnight in the fridge and bake in the foil on a sheet pan for 20 minutes at 350ºF, or from frozen for 30 minutes, or until heated through.
- Add chopped onion, garlic, fresh herbs or shredded cheese.
- Top with BBQ sauce, chili sauce, a mixture of ketchup, yellow mustard and brown sugar, or salsa instead of ketchup, for a different variation.
- You can make this ahead: Just assemble the meatloaf, add to a baking pan and wrap in foil. Refrigerate up to 24 hours then bake as directed.
- Split the meatloaf into muffins! They will only need to bake 20-30 minutes at 350ºF. If you’re feeling extra, top them with mashed potato “icing”!
Love 5 Ingredient Recipes? You have to check out my 5 ingredient Recipe E-Cookbook now available! Get it here: 25 Five Ingredient Dinner Recipes
You might also like:
Stove Top Stuffing Meatloaf
- 1 pound ground beef can substitute ground turkey or chicken
- 1 box Stove Top stuffing- any flavor
- 1/2 cup chicken stock can use beef broth or water
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Add the stove top stuffing in a large bowl, add the chicken stock and mix, let that sit 5 minutes to absorb the stock. Add in the ground beef and eggs. Mix until incorporated, but careful not to over mix.
- Place beef mixture on a sheet pan and shape into a loaf, or add to a nonstick sprayed loaf pan. Spread the ketchup over top.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes until the internal temperature is 165ºF.
- Let cool 5 minutes before slicing.