This is TikTok’s famous four ingredient Boat Dip and it does not disappoint! This easy party dip takes only 5 minutes to prepare and will be your new favorite summertime snack.
This dip is so easy it’s hard to even call it a recipe! I love making this for any summertime get-together. It’s perfect for a boat ride, snacking pool side or a cookout. It’s made with simple, inexpensive ingredients, so it’s perfect for any occasion! You can make a big batch of dip for just around $10. Winning!
What you’ll need
- Sour cream– light or full fat works.
- Taco seasoning– 1 packet seasoning or use a homemade taco blend.
- Mexican blend cheese– or shredded cheddar cheese.
- Rotel with green chilis– drained, so the dip isn’t runny.
How to make Boat Dip
Add all of the ingredients to a large bowl and mix together. Chill at least 1 hour or over night. It’s a great make ahead dip!
I like top top it with chopped green onions when serving, but that’s optional.
What to serve with Boat Dip
I love Fritos with this dip. But you could use anything you prefer or have on hand.
- Tortilla chips- the scoop kind would be great.
- Veggies- carrot sticks, celery sticks or anything that won’t fall apart.
- Pretzels- the flat, thin pretzels would be so good!
- Pita chips- homemade or store bought.
Tips, Tricks, and Suggestions
- Easily double this recipe for a large crowd. This recipe makes about 3 cups of dip.
- Prepare up to 24 hours in advance.
- Refrigerate any leftovers in an air tight container up to 3 days.
- Add in chopped cilantro or diced jalapeños, for extra heat.
Make your own taco seasoning
If you don’t want to use a taco seasoning packet or just don’t have it on hand you can easily make your own. Mix together 1 teaspoon each cumin, paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, and chili powder along with 1/2 teaspoon each salt and black pepper and 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes.
You might also like:
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 10 ounce can Rotel with green chilies drained
- 2 cups Mexican blend cheese
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- Green onions for garnish
- Fritos chips for serving
- In a bowl mix together the sour cream, Rotel, cheese, and taco seasoning. Refrigerate 1 hour.
- Garnish with chopped green onions and serve with Fritos chips.