Pepperoni Pizza Dip is the perfect appetizer for game day or your next get-together! It’s simple, familiar ingredients and takes only 30 minutes to prepare. This one is always a crowd pleaser!
This post may contain affiliate links which means if you make a purchase I might receive a small commission at no additional cost to you.
This is one of my favorite appetizers to make! It’s so easy, it comes together in no time, and everyone loves it. This pepperoni pizza dip is perfect snack to make for football Sundays at home or as a crowd pleasing appetizer at your holiday party. I’ve found that there’s one thing most people can agree on; pepperoni pizza is delicious!
What you’ll need
For the Pepperoni Pizza dip:
- A 9″ pie plate or baking dish
- Cream cheese– room temperature, get the 80 ounce brick
- Seasonings– salt, pepper, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning
- Spaghetti sauce– I use jarred sauce to keep it simple, but you can use homemade if you prefer
- Grated parmesan cheese
- Pepperoni– large pepperoni chopped up or mini pepperonis
- Mozzarella cheese– freshly shredded cheese from a block melts the best
- Fresh basil or parsley– for garnish (optional)
For the Garlic Toast Chips:
- Baguette– sliced
- Olive oil
- Garlic powder
How to make it
First, we’ll make the garlic toast chips. This is totally optional, you can just as easily serve this with crackers. I personally love the mini garlic toasts with it though!
Slice the baguette into 1/4″ slices and add to a sheet pan. Drizzle olive oil all over and sprinkle on garlic powder. Bake until toasted.
Next, prepare the dip. Mix the cream cheese and seasonings together and spread at the bottom of a pie pan or baking dish.
Top the cream cheese layer with the sauce, pepperoni, and grated parmesan cheese.
Add the shredded mozzarella cheese and bake until hot and bubbly. Top with fresh basil and serve with the garlic toasts.
This is a must make! You will love it!
Tips, Tricks, and Suggestions
- Replace the pasta sauce with pizza sauce
- Add any other favorite pizza toppings such as bell peppers, mushrooms, black olives, sausage, or spinach
- Serve with crackers, pretzels, pita chips, or bagel chips if you don’t want to make the garlic toast chips.
- Ensure your cream cheese is softened and at room temperature so it’s not clumpy when you mix in the seasonings.
- Leftover dip can be stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container up to 4 days. Reheat in the microwave or in the oven. (But I bet there won’t be any leftovers!)
Make Pepperoni Pizza Dip in the Crock Pot
Easily make Pepperoni Pizza Dip in the Crock Pot! Spray the crock pot with nonstick spray. Add everything to the crock pot- except the mozzarella cheese. Cook on low 3 hours or high 1 1/2 hours. Stir and add in the mozzarella cheese. Put the lid back on and cook another 15 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
Try these other delicious appetizer recipes:
Pepperoni Pizza Dip
For the dip:
- 8 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup pepperoni chopped
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese shredded
- Chopped fresh basil for garnish
For the garlic toast chips:
- 1 baguette
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Slice the baguette into 1/4″ slices. Arrange slices on a sheet pan. Drizzle the bread with olive oil and sprinkle over the garlic powder. Bake 4-5 minutes until golden brown.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350°F
- Lightly spray a 9” pie dish or baking dish with nonstick spray.
- Mix together the softened cream cheese, salt, pepper, Italian seasoning and garlic powder until well combined. Spread into the bottom of the pie pan.
- Top the cream cheese with the sauce and spread evenly. Sprinkle over the parmesan cheese and pepperoni then the shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Bake 20 minutes until hot and bubbly. Garnish with the basil and serve with the garlic toast chips.