Nectarine Prosciutto Caprese Salad is the perfect balance of savory and sweet in a fresh summer salad. Sweet nectarines with salty prosciutto and creamy mozzarella is the most delicious combination!
This post may contain affiliate links which means if you make a purchase I might receive a small commission at no additional cost to you.
Why you’ll love Nectarine Prosciutto Caprese Salad
- This recipe is perfect for summer days, whether they be busy or lazy! It’s so fresh and a great way to use seasonal produce when it’s the most affordable.
- It’s a beautiful presentation! This salad is great for company or to bring to a party.
- It’s so easy to put together! Slicing the fruit is the hardest part!
- It’s simple and delicious- simply delicious.
- Summer is so hot already, I love that this is no cook! No turning on your oven! Yes, please!
What do I need?
- Nectarines– these are in peak season during summer! The best time to grab them. White or yellow nectarines will work. You can substitute peaches if you’d prefer.
- Basil– fresh basil leaves.
- Mozzarella Cheese– fresh and sliced, or substitute burrata.
- Prosciutto– The saltiness is the perfect compliment to the sweet fruit. You’ll want this thinly sliced.
- Balsamic glaze– I used store bought just because it’s so convenient; you can make it at home by boiling balsamic vinegar until it’s reduced to a syrup consistency.
- Olive oil
- Seasonings– just salt and pepper to taste (I love these salt and pepper grinders for a salad like this)
- Cutting board, sharp knives
How to make Caprese Salad with Nectarines and Prosciutto
- Thinly slice the nectarines and mozzarella cheese
- Cut the prosciutto and basil into ribbons
- Assemble on a large serving platter alternating nectarines, mozzarella, and prosciutto. There’s no wrong way to do this, be as creative as you want!
- Sprinkle over the basil, add salt and pepper to taste.
- Drizzle olive oil and balsamic glaze over the entire plate. Enjoy!
Keeps fresh in the fridge, covered, for 2-3 days. I would recommend assembling the salad just before serving it for optimal freshness.
You might also like these summer favorites
Love fresh summer recipes? My 20 Summer Favorite Recipe E-Cookbook is now available for purchase!
Nectarine Caprese Salad with Prosciutto
- 2-3 nectarines sliced
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese sliced
- 6 slices prosciutto chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh basil chopped
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar glaze or reduction
- On a large platter arrange the nectarine slices and the mozzarella cheese slices, alternating.
- Add the chopped prosciutto on top. Sprinkle on the basil.
- Season to taste with the salt and pepper. Drizzle with the olive oil and balsamic vinegar glaze. Serve immediately.